Are you Gas Safe?
The Gas Safe Register has found that 1 in 6 gas appliances are unsafe.
Unsafe gas appliances can put you at risk from carbon monoxide poisoning, gas leaks, fires and explosions.
Follow these top tips to ensure you remain Gas Safe:
- Lazy yellow flames instead of crisp blue ones could be a sign that your gas appliance is not working correctly.
- If your gas appliances are burning with an orange flame, it could be a sign of a CO leak.
- To prepare for the upcoming change in weather, it’s a good idea to check chimneys and make sure they aren’t blocked with debris.
- Have all of your gas appliances in your home (or rented property in the case of landlords) regularly serviced and safety checked every year.
- Fit an audible C0 Alarm – this could save lives.
If you have any concerns or queries about the safety of you appliances do not hesitate to give us a call on 01209 315149. We are more than happy to help answer your questions.